"Challenges To Re-Open Ohio & My Business" by Timothy A. Dimoff, CEO/President of SACS Consulting and Investigative Services, Inc.
Individually and as businesses, we have been through a lot! We are just now re-grouping and getting our sanity back. So, what have we learned, need to remember, and must utilize? What do we need to be cautious about while still working to get back on track?
- What do we know for sure learned from COVID 19 era?
- What is all the talk about “New Norm” leading to?
- Learn how being Creative and Problem Solvers was our biggest attribute!
- How do we prepare ourselves for the future & next potential pandemic?
COVID-19 Guidelines for NSME Akron/Canton Meetings from the North Canton Embassy Suites
Our number one objective as a member or prospective member is helping you feel safe at our meetings.
As all of you know there continue to be debates, opinions and, variations of what is appropriate in-person meetings of small groups under 50 people. Therefore, our NSME meetings at Embassy Suites will allow for options in some areas of our combined safety precaution procedures. Many of the precautions participants will not have an option but a few of the precautions will remain as an individual decision to each participant.
For July and August, we will meet for lunch at the Embassy Suites in North Canton. Here are our recommendations, followed by theirs:
- You must register and pay online. No payments or walk-ins are permitted on the day of the event.
- There will be no name tags. We recommend you wear your badge if you have one.
- We recommend you wear a mask (except when you are at your seat). If you need a mask, but do not have one, the hotel will provide you with one.
The Hotel’s COVID-19 procedures:
- Our employees are required to wear masks and have their temperature taken at work. We encourage guests to wear their masks. We will provide disposable masks upon request.
· Tables are a minimum of 6 feet apart, and 6 people per table that typically can seat 12 people. The room seats usually 90 people; however, we will only allow a maximum of 45.
· All hard surfaces are wiped down frequently per our Hilton clean stay policy. Hilton has partnered with Lysol, and we wipe and disinfect all hard surfaces with Lysol. All of our linens are washed and bleached after each use.
· The food will be individually plated, served with a lid that has a seal on it so that people know after it leaves the kitchen; they are the only one who has removed the cover. Silverware is sterilized, wrapped in a napkin that has been cleaned with bleach, and sealed with a sticker that will let the guest know that nobody else has touched it. There will be no salt and pepper shakers on the tables. Instead, individual packets will be provided. Single-use plastic cups are used for beverages, and no drinks will be placed on the tables. There will be a designated beverage station with disposable sleeves for the spigots and hand sanitizer at the beverage station.
· Hand sanitizers are not at the individual tables; however, we have touchless hand sanitizers at all the entryways and elevators. Front entry doors are also touchless.
Bio: Timothy A. Dimoff, CPP, Founder/President, SACS Consulting & Investigative Services, Inc.
Timothy A. Dimoff, CPP, a multi-certified, award-winning and internationally-recognized security and HR management consultant, speaker, author, media commentator, and expert witness is president and founder of SACS Consulting & Investigative Services, Inc., a high-risk HR and security consulting and investigation firm located in Akron, OH.
Dimoff is an international board Certified Protection Professional (CPP); a registered national security and HR expert with the Technical Advisory Service for Attorneys (TASA); a member of the American Society for Industrial Security (ASIS); a member of InfraGard, a joint professional organization between the FBI and security professionals; a member of The National Council of Investigation & Security Services (NCISS); a member of the Ohio Association of Security & Investigative Services ((OASIS,); and a nationally certified ALICE (Alert, Lockdown, Inform, Counter, Evacuate) training instructor.
Dimoff was named Ohio’s Top Police Officer in 1989; he was awarded the International Narcotics Special Award of Honor in 1991; and provided security for the 2016 National Republican Convention in Cleveland, OH.
Dimoff is the author of Life Rage, and training programs on workplace violence, active shooter, sexual harassment, and self-defense. He has provided commentary for newspapers, magazines, TV, radio, Internet and print media worldwide. Dimoff serves as an expert witness throughout the United States. He holds a B.S. in Sociology, with an emphasis in criminology, from Dennison University.
members and growing
events every year
This is without exception, the single-best networking organization I belong to. They have these amazing educational events where some of the area's leading minds come to share their wisdom. It's awesome!
Why Join NSME?
- It’s all about you!
- Complimentary workshops
- Professional member recognition
- Educational and networking event discounts
- Online networking opportunities
Sign up for meeting updates and other news!