Culture and . . .
• Respect. An organization’s culture is impacted in so many ways by the way leaders and team members give and expect respect.
• Dignity. An organization’s culture is impacted heavily by the amount of effort expended to protect the dignity of every team member in the organization.
• Humility. If the top leaders of an organization are humble, other leaders will model this behavior and create an environment where team members feel supported, safe and will have the comfort to be creative.
• Failure and Risk. Every organization needs to learn from its failures and mistakes, and take risks. But it is very important to have a culture of a positive spirit.
• Integrity. As history has proven, without the truth, we are lost.
• Innovation. If your organization has a culture of creation, education, and collaboration, there is no stopping you.
• Responsibility. An organization that is filled with responsible team members is an organization that will have much less “blame game” politics.
• Leadership. Culture starts at the top.
Prior to working at FedEx, Brown practiced law in West Virginia and Pennsylvania for 10 years and had been a partner at Eckert Seamans Cherin & Mellott in Pittsburgh, Pa.
Brown earned his Juris Doctorate from West Virginia University in 1996, where he served on the law review and was elected to the Order of the Coif. He also earned a bachelor’s degree in administration and management from LaRoche College in 1991.
Brown is admitted to practice law in Ohio. He currently serves on the board of directors for the Ohio Chamber of Commerce and also for the Boys and Girls Clubs of the Western Reserve. He is a graduate of Leadership Akron.
Brown and his wife, Stacey, have four children and reside in Sharon Township, Ohio.
members and growing
events every year
This is without exception, the single-best networking organization I belong to. They have these amazing educational events where some of the area's leading minds come to share their wisdom. It's awesome!
Why Join NSME?
- It’s all about you!
- Complimentary workshops
- Professional member recognition
- Educational and networking event discounts
- Online networking opportunities
Sign up for meeting updates and other news!