WHAT I BELIEVE – Gospel according to Bill Melver, General Electric Company 6/1966 – 10/1992
- The Customer has been, still is, and will always be the most important entity in any business matter.
- Most normal people want to do the right things; they don't go out of their way to do bad or evil things.
- A bad attitude is far worse than ineptness, poor judgment, or lack of skills and experience.
- There is always room for improvement in communication; someone is bound to be left out or a key piece of information is left out, not intentionally but assumedly.
- Quality is not just a product thing that you can touch or see. It applies to everything we do from communication to attitude to the way we conduct our daily life.
- Most people do not like changes; they find them scary, uncomfortable and even threatening.
- Life is oftentimes unfair.
- Good times and bad times never last forever.
- Each and every one of us is a pain in the ass to someone out there.
- It's always better to take the time to do things right the first time than to have to do it over because you didn't.
BIO - WILLIAM N MELVER
General Electric Company 6/1966 – 10/1992
Started as a thermal design engineer and steadily grew into positions of higher responsibilities with business management content
Lead negotiator to achieve $1 billion out-of-court settlement over design failures in the Perry Nuclear Plant, an industry-wide, class action suit filed by 17 utility companies.
Successfully launched GE Nuclear Services, Japan, and became its first manager with P&L responsibilities. This is now a $100 MM business in Japan.
Participated and lead the GE Nuclear team in the corporate-wide transitioning of GE from a manufacturing-based business to Services based.
Successfully coordinated the settlement of a multi-billion-dollar class-action suit, developing a settlement package that resulted in an out-of-court settlement over design issues in the Parry Nuclear Power Plant between Centerior Energy and GE.
Nabeshima International 10/1992 – Current
Currently very low activity and transitioning to full retirement but still pursue interesting and challenging projects. Made an unsuccessful attempt to run for Akron Mayor as an Independent candidate in 2015. Engaged in many pro-bono-work and active with Akron SCORE. Recently published a book An American Samurai: Born to Pursue Righteousness
Extensive experience in executive business management
In-depth experience in Process Application to complex problem solutions.
Experienced in a broad spectrum of industries from manufacturing to services, distribution growth and development to retail and restaurants.
International business development with special skills in Asian markets; fluent in Japanese.
Proven ability to deliver high measurable results.
Excellent interpersonal skills in communications, client relations, and negotiations.
Registration is now closed for this event.100% Secure SSL Encryption by Stripe
members and growing
events every year
This is without exception, the single-best networking organization I belong to. They have these amazing educational events where some of the area's leading minds come to share their wisdom. It's awesome!
Why Join NSME?
- It’s all about you!
- Complimentary workshops
- Professional member recognition
- Educational and networking event discounts
- Online networking opportunities
Sign up for meeting updates and other news!